ENERGY SOLUTIONS AND MORE…
JATRO is determined to become a fully integrated renewable energy enterprise that incorporates a range of lucrative, value adding downstream activities.
The jatropha oil recovered is suitable for many applications:
- Crude plant oil for stationary heat and power cogeneration
- Feedstock for conversion to biodiesel that conforms to EU quality norm EN 14214
- Crude plant oil for suitable vehicle engines
- Crude plant oil for conversion into certified bio-kerosene for the aviation sector
In addition to crude plant oil, jatropha plants offer further energy solutions, including
- The fermentation of the seedcake into biogas
- The subsequent sale of green electricity produced as a result of the above, and
- The sale of the residue of the press-seed cake as bio-fertilizer.
Corresponding revenue streams include auxiliary renewable energy and rural electrification, in particular electric and thermal power generation from residual jatropha biomass and biogas, cancer fighting extracts, and jatropha protein based animal feed.
On average, a plot of 20’000 ha will generate 40’000 metric tons of oil, 63’000 metric tons of organic fertilizer and at least 2 MW of electric power yearly.